SEC sports will now be seen on Fox Sports as well as CBS and ESPN according a news release just received. Seven SEC football games will air on Fox SportsSouth although which games have not been announced.
Read this portion of the release for more details:
FOX Sports Net (FSN), the nation’s leader in local sports, today announced a new multi-year television rights agreement with ESPN that expands its long-time partnership with the Southeastern Conference (SEC). ESPN secured the rights of Southeastern Conference content in August 2008.
Beginning with the 2009-10 academic year, FSN’s three regional sports networks serving the SEC territory – FOX Sports South, Sun Sports and FOX Sports Southwest – will be the outlets for a minimum of 91 SEC athletic events each year. Events will include:
· Seven live, exclusive football games
· 20 men’s basketball games
· 24 women’s basketball games (16 regular season, eight tournament)
· 16 baseball games (10 regular season, six tournament)
· 24 additional Olympic sporting events (softball, volleyball, soccer, gymnastics)
FSN will distribute these events to more than 24 million cable and satellite households across the SEC coverage area.