It’s that time again to take a daily look at what is making news in the Alabama athletic universe as we approach the one-month-to-go point in the countdown to kickoff.
- First, an NFL note. It appears as if Andre Smith still hasn’t signed a contract with the Cincinnati Bengals. A long hold-out won’t do much to repair the image of the former Crimson Tide Outland Trophy winner. Stick with the blog for updates.
- All the transfer news over the summer was hard to track. Linebacker Brandon Fanney was one of the Tide players said to be on the way out. He was reportedly headed to Terry Bowden’s UNA program, but the Times Daily is saying he isn’t on the roster and practice begins today. Read more here.
- Could ESPN’s College Football Gameday be at Alabama’s Sept. 5 opener with Georgia Tech? It’s a good possibility according to the Atlanta Journal -Constitution. Read more here.
- The Washington Times says Alabama is the No. 6 team in the country. To see the rationale, click here.
- You also may have noticed the new poll posted on the left-hand side of the site. Vote today.
- On a final note, please check out one of the funniest YouTube videos ever posted. It never gets old.