Before smashing your neighbors’ pumpkins and causing other such havoc, take a look at some of the Alabama-related reading listed before. (Disclaimer: The Bama Blog does not condone pumpkin destruction or any other vandalism. Play nice.)
- First of all, it’s worth noting that Saturday is Nick Saban’s 58th birthday. That’s right, he’s a Halloween baby.
- Check out this Q&A with Saban on the Wall Street Journal Web site. The what? Wall Street Journal? Yeah, I was surprised too. And if you’re looking for stock tips, Saban offers none.
- On another Saban note, he spoke in Mobile yesterday. Read what he said about the Tennessee block in the Mobile Press-Register here.
- In yet another twist in the SEC coaches vs. officials, the league changed its rules regarding public criticism of referees. Read more here.
- On a non-Alabama note, check out this story about my high school alma mater and the rivalry week hi jinks that apparently offended the little brother. Another proud day as a Male High School alumnus.
That’s all for now. Stay tuned for Sunday’s story about a certain former Tide running back’s transition to the NFL.