It’s just a lazy afternoon in the media room for this beat writer (not really). But since I’ve neglected this space all day, here are a few nuggets to chew on. (Again, none of that Bleacher Report stuff will appear on this blog)
- The Associated Press wrote an interesting piece about Nick Saban/Steve Spurrier angle for Saturday’s game. Read it here.
- Doug Segrest, formerly of the Decatur Daily now of the Birmingham News, did a midseason report for the SEC. Take a gander by clicking this.
- Bobby Jackson, the first quarterback to play under Bear Bryant at Alabama, died Monday at age 73. Read more about him in this story from the Mobile Press-Register.
- The original Big Al mascot costume is headed for its final resting place — the Bear Bryant Museum. Don’t believe me? Then click this.
- In case you’ve followed jtbowtie on YouTube, you’ll want to see his latest effort that breaks down the South Carolina and Tennessee games. It’s not flattering for the Gamecocks or Vols if you had to guess.