I hope you’re enjoying this pleasant Friday evening. Before going out to enjoy a little relaxation, consider the following nuggets.
- In the “not necessarily good news for Alabama” category is the commitment of Georgia linebacker Vic Beasley. The son of former Auburn free safety Victor Beasley chose Clemson over Alabama in a Friday news conference. To see video of the announcement, click here. (The interruption of the school announcement is the best part)
- As posted earlier in the day, tickets are still available for the FIU and UT-Chattanooga games. I checked the Web site a little bit ago and tickets appeared to still be available.
- The Sports Illustrated college football edition landed in my mailbox the other day and I have to say I’m a little disappointed. That used to be the one and only publication I referenced when gauging preseason expectations, but that can’t be said anymore. Unlike the other magazines that dedicate entire editions to the look-a-head, SI only used a portion of this week’s version to talk football.
- Oh yeah, they ranked Alabama 8th — behind No. 6 Ole Miss which landed on the regional cover sent to the southern states. They picked Florida (No. 1 overall) to beat the Rebels in the SEC Championship Game and the Tide to play in the Capital One Bowl vs. Iowa.
- Auburn was ranked 65th and picked to play UTEP in the Liberty Bowl.
- Click here and here for links to SI coverage.
Enjoy your weekend and stick with the Bama Blog and the print edition of the paper for coverage from Saturday’s scrimmage.