The Alabama board of trustees also approved contracts for the two new football coaches and amendments for all but one who returns. Each of the returning coaches got an additional year added to their contract and a raise except offensive line coach Jeff Stoutland. No reason was given for that move.
Here is the quick breakdown for each of the new deals and raises:
- Offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier: 3 years, $590,000 a season. Former coordinator Jim McElwain made $510,000 last year.
- Linebackers coach Lance Thompson: 2 years, $375,000
- Defensive coordinator Kirby Smart: From $850,000 to $950,000 (through 2015)
- Running backs coach Burton Burns: From $280,000 to $290,000
- Strength and conditioning coach Scott Cochran: From $310,000 to $325,000
- Wide receivers coach Mike Groh: From $250,000 to $285,000
- Secondary coach Jeremy Pruitt: From $225,000 to $260,000
- Defensive line coach Chris Rumph: From $288,750 to $310,000
- Tight ends/special teams Bobby Williams: From $315,000 to $350,000
Also find and follow The Daily Bama Blog on:
NEW: Google+: Alabama football circle
Also see: River City Rumblings prep blog