It’s still too early, in my mind, to discuss the possible NCAA tournament landing spots for the Alabama basketball team. The SEC postseason has way too much bearing on that process.
So let’s take a look at the match ups we’d see in New Orleans next week if they cancelled this week’s games. Click here for the SEC basketball tournament bracket in PDF form.
(8) Arkansas vs. (9) Mississippi State
(5) Tennessee vs. (12) South Carolina
(7) Ole Miss vs. (10) Auburn
(6) LSU vs. (11) Georgia
(1) Kentucky, (2) Florida, (3) Vanderbilt, (4) Alabama
As of today, Alabama holds the tie-breaker over Tennessee for the No. 4 seed since the Tide won the head-to-head match up.
Of course, the season didn’t end Saturday. Every team still has two games this week and Alabama could reach as high as the No. 3 seed or as low as No. 6. Here’s the breakdown of the four teams still contending for those spots:
Team: Opponents this week
3. Vanderbilt: vs. Florida, @Tennessee
4. Alabama: vs. Auburn, @ Ole Miss
5. Tennessee: @LSU, vs. Vanderbilt
6. LSU: vs. Tennessee, @ Auburn
It’s really getting interesting now. Anything can still happen. Stay tuned for results.
Also find and follow The Daily Bama Blog on:
NEW: Google+: Alabama football circle
Also see: River City Rumblings prep blog