Alabama and Mississippi State played to a 25-25 stalemate through 20 minutes of basketball. Here are a few snap judgements:
- JaMychal Green came off the bench with 13:58 left in the half and scored 6 points in 11 minutes. His first basket was a dunk that set off the packed gym.
- Trevor Releford didn’t start for an unknown reason. All 3 of his points came on free throws with 0.4 seconds left. Dee Bost fouled him on a last-second 3.
- Dee Bost had 10 points for the Bulldogs. Bost and Jalen Steele were both 2-for-4 from 3-point range.
- That’s right, almost half (12) of MSU’s 25 points came from 3-pointers.
- Alabama outscored the lengthy Bulldogs 14-4 in the paint.
- Renardo Sidney has just 2 points on 1-for-3 shooting and six minutes of action.
- Neither team is shooting with accuracy. Alabama is 9-for-22 (40.9 percent) and MSU is 9-for-24 (37.5 percent).
- Andrew Steele has 7 to lead the Tide. He’s coming off a career-high 15 at Arkansas.
Also find and follow The Daily Bama Blog on:
NEW: Google+: Alabama football circle
Also see: River City Rumblings prep blog