On the eve of kickoff, both coaches are stopping by the media room for one final news conference. Les Miles is at the mic now. Here’s what he’s saying:
- Historically, it’s far to discuss where this LSU team stands after tomorrow night’s game. Hard to say before then, Miles said.
- There is an extra importance to LSU playing in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina. Tigers did that in ’07 BCS game. Still important today.
- Next two days, the team should stay off their feet, Miles said. Preparing for something so significant, you have to want it.
- On kickers, Miles said the credit goes to the special teams coach for putting them in the right mental state.
- The only team I told them not to schedule was “the Green Bay Packers,” Miles said.
- Next year is still too far away to consider just yet. Miles drew a laugh with that one.
- On over-analyzing Alabama, Miles said can be counterproductive. ”
“The styles of play will be the same,” he said.\
- Every team has its own personality and own feel. It’s a completely different feel this time compared to 2007 title team. “There’s a real want to play best.”
- “Absolutely,” Alabama is the best team LSU has played. There isn’t even another team to consider.
- “They play hard. They are willing to pay that price. I didn’t answer that question very well.”
- “We all think to a certain extent we are impervious,” Miles said.
- Asked about going to an NFL job, Miles said he’s just worried about Monday night. A little eye roll for punctuation.
- “That’d be news to me,” Miles said on Tyrann Mathieu’s previous statement on looking up mother’s names of Alabama players.
- “That’s a touch much.”
Also find and follow The Daily Bama Blog on:
NEW: Google+: Alabama football circle
Also see: River City Rumblings prep blog