Take a look at the drive-thru version of Nick Saban’s comments from the SEC media teleconference:
- Iron Bowl “defines everything in Alabama,” Saban said.
- Always a challenge playing on the road in the SEC.
- Nose guard Josh Chapman “is doing fine,” after sitting out last week with knee injury.
- “When you live in this state, everybody is interested in this game,” Saban said. There is a greater magnitude to this game.
- There’s no need for a trophy in this rivalry, he said.
- On Urban Meyer: “If coaching is in his heart, that’s what he should do.”
- Saban not worried about the history of the last few games. It’s all about Saturday. “What happened in 2001, I don’t have any interest.”
- Saban likes playing the game on Saturday to keep the routine of a game week.
- “If one team has a short week, both teams should have a short week.” (Remember Auburn had a bye before last season’s game).
- “Barrett looked better than I thought he would in practice,” Saban said of Barrett Jones.
- Arkansas-LSU doesn’t matter, he said again.
- “If we have to sit around and watch that game, we should be watching some Auburn film.”
Click here for all Iron Bowl coverage.
Also find and follow The Daily Bama Blog on:
NEW: Google+: Alabama football circle
Also see: River City Rumblings prep blog