Alabama is obviously a little “nicked up” heading into the biggest game of the year 2.0. This is the quick version of the injury report provided this afternoon from Nick Saban and players:
- Left tackle Barrett Jones will practice again today after missing the last two games with a high-ankle sprain. The same injury kept him out of last season’s Auburn game, and center William Vlachos is confident he’ll see Jones back for this one.
- On defensive lineman Jesse Williams, Saban said he’s feeling better from the food poisoning that limited his action Saturday against Georgia Southern.
- Wide receiver Darius Hanks “is going to try to do some practicing today,” Saban said after hurting his ankle on the first play of the Mississippi State game.
- Nose guard Josh Chapman said there’s no way he’s going to miss the Auburn game after sitting out the Georgia Southern game with nagging knee injuries. His absence Saturday was planned ahead of time so he could be fresh four Auburn.
- On filling the role of Will Lowery, Saban said Mark Barron or Vinnie Sunseri could handle it.
Much more to come. Don’t go anywhere.
Also find and follow The Daily Bama Blog on:
NEW: Google+: Alabama football circle
Also see: River City Rumblings prep blog